My passion for Physiotherapy bloomed when I was 12 years old undergoing rehab following an ACL reconstruction surgery. My Physio was amazing at helping me get back to running, netball and touch football after 12 months of rehab. It made me think what a rewarding job – being able to help people, reduce their pain, improve their function and get them back to doing what they love.
I graduated from the University of Newcastle in 2016, and since then have spent the majority of time working at an amazing Sports Physiotherapy practice in Port Macquarie. Opening BodyThrive Physio in my hometown of Inverell is something I am very excited about.
I love working with people to help address their issues, and not just determine what is going on but delve deeper to understand why the issue has occurred in the first place. Empowering people to understand their bodies and working with them to achieve their goals is very rewarding.
I also have a special interest in Women’s Health. From pregnancy to postnatal and all things pelvic floor, I am passionate about empowering women to address their pelvic floor issues which can massively improve quality of life.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours Class I) (University Medal)
- Western Acupuncture and Dry Needling (Combined Health)
- DMA Clinical Pilates Unit A
- APPI Pilates Matwork Level 1
- Introductory Women’s Health Physiotherapy (WHTA)
- Advanced Pelvic Floor Pain Disorders (WHTA)
- Advanced Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pessary Fitting (WHTA)
- Women’s Health Research Update (WHTA): The Childbearing Year 2020